Accountant & Tax Practitioner
Empoloyment date: 10 September 2020
1. Job Title and location
Accountant and Tax Practitioner, Brackenfell Industria.
Full time, Permanent position
Salary on offer, Market Related
2. General Job Description
HmT Investments is an accounting and tax firm, handling a portfolio of external clients as well as the companies within the HmT Group. Accounting responsibilities range from capturing the financial accounts in Sage Pastel to preparing the annual financial statements in CaseWare Working Papers. The successful candidate will also provide administrative support to the HmT Group. The candidate could from time to time be asked to assist with certain Human Resources and Marketing tasks. The candidate will be working closely with the owners, managers, clients and suppliers and needs to portray a high level of professionalism.
3. Qualifications and requirements
Minimum requirements include:
– Accounting degree/diploma from a reputable tertiary education institute
– Must either want to register as a tax practitioner (already have the necessary qualifications and experience) or already be registered as a tax practitioner
– Working knowledge of Sage Pastel
– Bilingual in Afrikaans and English (written and verbal skills)
– Must have a valid driver’s license
We kindly request that you do not apply for this position if you do not fulfill the minimum requirements.
4. Details of Responsibilities
– Performing full scope accounting services for the HmT Group (two companies, a close corporation and a trust)
– Performing various accounting services for external clients of HmT Investments
– Preparing audit files and financial statements on CaseWare Working Papers
– Performing certain Human Resources tasks for example maintaining the payroll of the HmT Group
– Performing tax services for the HmT Group and external clients (as a registered tax practioner)
– Front office reception and office administration (including transferring of phone calls)
– Performing other clerical duties such as filing, scanning, taking minutes of meetings, travel arrangements etc.
5. Personal Attributes
– Cheerful and friendly personality
– Professional presence
– Affinity for tidiness, punctuality, reliability and initiative
– Hardworking; must be goal and results orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment;
– Good time management skills.
6. Technological Attributes
– Computer literacy: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Sage Pastel Accounting (Sage Pastel Payroll and CaseWare Working Papers are optional).
7. Instructions on how to apply
a. Cover letter must contain ONLY your name and surname with the following questions and your answers to them:
i) What accounting qualification do you have and from which institution?
ii) Are you currently a registered Tax Practitioner and if so, with which controlling body?
iii) Do you have a working knowledge of Sage Pastel Accounting?
iv) Do you have a valid driver’s license?
v) What is your current salary (if this has changed due to COVID-19, document salary prior to COVID-19)?
vi) What is your salary expectation (please give precise amount)?
vii) When will you be available to start employment?
b. CV must be ONE PDF document which includes the following:
i) Cover letter (see 7(a) above)
ii) Copy of identification document
iii) Proof of highest accounting qualification
iv) Proof of registration as Tax Practitioner (if applicable)
v) Copy of driver’s license
vi) Payslip which confirms salary mentioned in 7a) v)
Please note that it is compulsory to wear a mask during the interview.
If you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
8. Available on request
Annexure with full list of tasks within the form of a Job Description.